With the D23 Expo 2013 only two days away, I wanted to give some advice and recommendations about how to enjoy your time at the Anaheim Convention Center.
First off, arrive early. If there is a panel that you are interested in seeing, make sure you are there early. Be there maybe 2 hours early. If you are interested in the Walt Disney Studios presentation which is Saturday at 10:30am, I recommend getting in line as early as possible. Lines will begin to form at 5am and that’s when you should be there if you want to see this one.
Now I know I get a bit overwhelmed with the whole event because there is so much I want to see and do, but just take a breath and have fun. Just know you can’t see everything, but you’ll still have a wonderful time. There will be plenty of exhibits and vendors to enjoy for hours on end and you will be sure to get into a panel or two.
The following are panels and presentations that I would like to see:
1. Mayhem, Mischief, and Monkeys: The Magic of Mystic Manor – A panel discussion about Hong Kong Disneyland’s newest attraction inspired by the Haunted Mansion. – Friday August 9th at 10:30am
2. Undiscovered Disneyland – Tony Baxter and Josh Shipley will present never before seen footage from Disneyland dating back to the 1950s. – Friday August 9th at 12:30pm
3. Voices of the Disney Parks – The people that bring Disney Parks to life with their voices will be there to discuss and share stories. – Saturday August 10th at 2:00pm
4. Richard M. Sherman and Alan Menken: The Disney Songbook – These two Disney Legends will be performing many of their classic pieces. – Saturday August 10th at 6:30pm
5. Walt Disney Imagineering’s 60th: Working with Walt – Disney Imagineers from Walt’s era will discuss what it was like to work with the man himself. – Sunday August 11th at 9:30am
6. Walt Disney Imagineering’s 60th: Craft of Creativity – Current Disney Imagineers will discuss what it is like to work as an Imagineer. – Sunday August 11th at 1:00pm
Those are all the panels I am going to try and see this upcoming weekend. For a full schedule of events, click the link below:
I hope you all have a wonderful time at the Expo and please share your experiences with us. We’ll see you there!